Updated: Jul 17, 2020
The kitchen of a north Cumbrian pub was destroyed by a blaze.
Crews from Carlisle East and Longtown fire stations were called to the Robin Hood Inn, in Smithfield, yesterday morning.
Four firefighters wore breathing apparatus to tackle the flames.
Mark Taylor, crew manager at Carlisle East fire station said:
"It was a chip pan fire. We were called at about 11.30am.
"It [the pub] was empty at the time. The family who were in the property had evacuated. "The fire destroyed the kitchen."
Taken from the News And Star
- If you were a regular with us before the lockdown, or you are new to our little village pub community, we would like to take this chance to to welcome you all
We have been busy working behind the scenes to create a new hub for the community on our website.
The Robin Hood Inn is now officially
visit: www.therobinhoodinsmithfield.com and take a look around
DOWNLOAD OUR NEW APP